Author Topic: LG 50PG30 Plasma TV PSU Capacitor Replacement  (Read 3821 times)

Offline nirvdrumTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: LG 50PG30 Plasma TV PSU Capacitor Replacement
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 10:35:46 pm »
There is nothing wrong with FM, they are certainly better than WB even if they were not flawed. Problem with WB is not ripple current rating but that they had an inherent flaw causing their premature failure. And preferences of those people are lame since there is zero research of even anecdotal evidence behind that.

Thanks for the help. Just for my own edification, would the EEU-FR1A332B be okay to use here with the slightly lower max. ripple current? I'll planning to go with the EEU-FM1A332 anyway, but I'm trying to get a sense for how tight these tolerances typically are. The practical matter at hand is I'm finding different vendors have different min. quantities or some parts just aren't in stock. I'm shopping around, but it's a chore and shipping is going to hurt. If I need to hit all the specs the original parts had, so be it, but if there are rules of thumb or approximations I can use, that'd be good to know too. Thanks again.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 10:51:29 pm »
EEU-FR1A332B be okay to use here with the slightly lower max. ripple current?
Yes, the difference is insignificant. And that ripple current rating is given for longer lifetime than for WB anyway. So those figures are not exactly equal. But I would go for FM of larger size.

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 01:36:07 am »
You will find that many boards, especially plasmas where there is a need for multiple high-ripple-current caps in parallel, they will often have extra footprints for capacitors so they can populate at will depending on what caps they could get at the time to handle the total load necessity of the zappa zappa zoltch in total...

Going from 2.5 to 2.7 amps or something won't matter but if you have the opportunity, uprate it where you can or add another cap or two whenever spaces are there on the PCB...

Offline nirvdrumTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 10:15:38 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone. I've got an order ready to swap out all the WB series capacitors from Digi-Key. I was thinking of ordering one spare for each cap I'm looking to replace, where each cap's quantity is 1, 2, or 4, depending on specs. Is that sufficient? Is it overkill? I've been searching discussions here and can't find anything regarding expectations and best practices with electrolytic orders. I figured a spare one would cover me in case one tests bad or if I somehow screw up soldering, but I don't have any real experience to back that up.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 11:07:32 pm »
Just replace what you need to replace, no extras needed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf