Author Topic: LG HT355SD - DVD player repair (my first repair attempt)  (Read 2624 times)

Offline MarvinTheMartianTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
LG HT355SD - DVD player repair (my first repair attempt)
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:11:00 am »
G'day all,

I'm about to embark on my first attempt at a 'serious repair'.  :)

We have a DVD player (LG HT355SD) that has been gradually failing in that the sound synchronization is getting out of whack (used to happen if you Pause, then Play and I could fix it by pressing Stop and then Play again).

Last night the 'fix' above no longer works and the synchronization is now always out of whack.  :-BROKE

I've opened the case and done a visual inspection but can see nothing obliviously wrong (there are a ton of electros - Chang brand  :palm:) but none look to be leaking. I've yet to use the ESR meter on any of them.

I next did Dave's "thou shalt test voltages" on the power supply board and the voltages are fine. I haven't tested anywhere else at this stage.

I've got the service manual and am going to see if I can get my head around where this synchronization may be happening, before I test any further.  :-//

This could be a long term project as I learn or ultimately a fail because it is too advanced for me at this stage.

If anyone has some tips or advice, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Edit: Forgot the picture - doh!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:40:56 am by MarvinTheMartian »
Reviving my old hobby after retiring! Know so little...only one thing to do...watch Dave's videos and keep reading the forum! ;-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf