Author Topic: LG Plasma 60PK750 repair - Eay60968901 PSU  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Jbates58Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
LG Plasma 60PK750 repair - Eay60968901 PSU
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:23:46 am »
Hello all,

i have a LG plasma that is exhibiting the clicking relay symptoms.

it will fire up for about 10min when cold, then it will suddenly turn off, i will describe the sequence:

• plug in and power on from cold
  • fires up and functions perfectl for 10-15min
  • after 10-15 min it turns off suddenly and relays click (indicating shutdown as per normal)
  • i press power on again
  • standby light changes colour, relays click and then it instantly shuts down
  • tv wont turn back on until its been off for a period of time (i havent yet determined the minimum)

from what i can gather, it is the power supply. but i havent found anything wrong with a visual inspection, and i have tried a few repairs mentioned online, to no avail.

all the test point voltages are spot on when the unit is functioning, so i dont think that a mis-setting is the issue.

from what i can find online there are a few "repair" kits available, and they offer these components

• IC701
  • R108
  • R109
  • R110
  • R111
  • R112
  • R113
  • R296
  • R297
  • R298

i have removed each of these components from the PSU and tested them. they are also spot on, or very close to. the only thing i cant test (because i dont know how) is the IC. from what i can tell, the ic is a "F4316MSF17"

can anyone assist me in repairing my plasma? i have a multimeter and am good at soldering. but no oscilloscope to test things. hopefully i wont need one. but i have been looking at getting one, so if i have to then i will.

cheers

Jason

Offline Srbel

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics engineer
Re: LG Plasma 60PK750 repair - Eay60968901 PSU
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:52:19 pm »
Try changing the electrolytic capacitor next to the F4316MSF17 chip. The cap between the +V and GND pins. Usually about 10uF 50V, or something like that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf