Author Topic: LG Smart TV Blank Screen  (Read 640 times)

Offline tommwrightTopic starter

LG Smart TV Blank Screen
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:43:38 pm »
Hi guys,

I have been given a non-functional 47" LG smart TV (LG 47ln575v), the display is blank however the LED backlight is working. There is no obvious damage to the display panel and I assume that it is more an issue with an internal PCB rather than LCD.

My first thought was the T-con board inside, and after opening up and some testing, I replaced the board as it was only a small cost. This had no effect and the display is still black.

I have tested all of the power supply rails which are perfectly fine, and the backlight comes on which means this is not a power issue. I have inspected all other PCBs visually for damage but I have not spotted any blown caps or obviously burnt-out chips.

I have also tried connecting a laptop through a HDMI port which resulted in sound through the speakers, however the volume could not be changed by the control buttons on the TV and also occasionally cut out for a second or two.

If anyone has any idea what I should test next I would much appreciate it as I am very much stuck at a dead end currently. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline kosomsk

• Regular Contributor
Re: LG Smart TV Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 08:13:00 am »
Hi! Show measurements from  t-con board

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf