Author Topic: Looking for Owon HDS-1021M components help  (Read 2269 times)

Offline electRic2772Topic starter

Looking for Owon HDS-1021M components help
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:02:31 am »
Hello. This is my first post on the forum, so I apologize in advance for any breaches of etiquette.  I have been going through posts for the past few days to try to make sure no one has already covered this question.

I have an Owon HDS1021M DMM/Oscilloscope and it has been a pretty handy meter.  I loved Mikeselectricstuff's EXCELLENT videos on the HDS3102M, and all the information in that thread.  And, as Mike and a few others so excellently pointed out, the protection circuitry needs much improvement. 

Does anyone out there own an HDS1021M and could tell me what the OEM components are for the F1 fuse and the Q33 component that is in-line with the fuse?  The Q33 component has a 200 ohm resistor in parallel with it, and if anyone knows the purpose of this component, please chime in as well.

I committed the cardinal sin of carelessness and clumsiness and let one of my probes cross the wrong lead while using the ammeter function, and found out the vents at the bottom really are for letting the blue smoke out.  I gave both the fuse (F1) and the U33 in-line with it, a more than light toasting.  When I asked Owon tech support about the components, they said I would need a whole new mainboard (even though several functions were still working just fine) at the tune of $150 US.  When I told them that was an outrageous solution for replacing 2 small SMD components, they assured some functions would continue to work.

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Looking for Owon HDS-1021M components help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:20:51 am »
Welcome to the forum.

The minor mistake you made was this would have been better in the Repair board.
However, no biggie and good luck with your repair.
There will be members that can give the info you seek, be patient.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:31:07 am »
Tautech, thank you so much for the heads-up and understanding.  Since the post is new would it be best to go ahead and delete it from Test Equipment and re-start in Repair? Thanks again!!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 04:53:06 am »
Tautech, thank you so much for the heads-up and understanding.  Since the post is new would it be best to go ahead and delete it from Test Equipment and re-start in Repair? Thanks again!!
No problem, we can clean the thread later. I'll ask Dave to move it. Just wait for now.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 05:03:14 am »
Thank you again!!  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf