Author Topic: Fluke Phillips PM6680 firmware  (Read 697 times)

Offline kawalTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fluke Phillips PM6680 firmware
« on: February 14, 2022, 06:22:57 am »
I was troubleshooting a counter I recently acquired and as part of that I had removed all the socketed chips to clean and re seat the chips.
That gave me the opportunity to save the firmware.

BTW my issue was resolved by re seating the ASIC chip.

Correction  - that did not help the ASIC error after all. The unit needed a recapping as all the blue Phillips branded  caps  where significantly out of tolerance with  high impedance.
In circuit they measured ok  but out of circuit they  where bad.  The ceramic caps probably  where making the in circuit readings acceptable.
The  33uf measured  about 1...4 uf and 50 to 100Ohm
330uf measured 50...100uf and 4..10 ohms and  a few 10uf measured 3uf and 10ohm.
After replacing all the caps no more issues with ASIC error  on about 100 boot up sequences tested .  Before the error would show up if the unit was in standby for more than 5s.

SRAM battery was completely dead but that did not cause any issues other than resetting settings after power cycle.  Original BR2032(200mAh) replaced with BR3032 (500mAh)as I had it from another project.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 02:59:34 am by kawal »

The following users thanked this post: bingo600, jadew, 4cx10000, coromonadalix, alm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf