Author Topic: Marconi 2032 Generator  (Read 3756 times)

Offline EMUDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Marconi 2032 Generator
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:58:14 am »
Hi,
my name is Rudi and I am a hardware developer. Sometimes I try to repair old electronic stuff like this one.
One of my problems is that the RTC is not recogniced. I have replaced the PCF8573 clock, but the problem
was not solved.
I have scanned the I2C bus data and it seemed that the RTC is ok.
In my opinion there is an other problem, wich causes this malfunction. It seemed to me that the display controller
(80C31, EPROM, 8K static RAM) could be the problem. The software revision of the unit is 7.0001 ,  so it would be interesting
to have the binaries to check the eprom(s) and the eeprom.

Thanks in advance

EMUD

• Regular Contributor
Re: Marconi 2032 Generator
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 04:23:37 am »
Hi,
maybe I have solved the problem : The firmware in my 2032 is not ok, the display and the main firmware are from two different revisions. In the service manual it is mentioned, that the display and the main controller have only one set of EPROMs. Has anyone the binaries for me to test ? (Revision 7.00x for the Marconi 2031 or 2032).

Many thanks in advance

EMUD

Offline Chris Jones

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 01:47:56 pm »
Try asking in the Yahoo Groups forum for Marconi Instruments. That is the best source I have found for information about instruments from this manufacturer. Sadly this information seems to be locked away from public searches and archiving as you have to log in to read it afaict.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/marconi_test_instruments/info

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 04:27:34 am »
Hello Chris,
thanks for this information. I have tried to get this firmware at an EBAY seller, but he did not understand (I think there was to little technical knowledge) what I really need.
Mailing to Aeroflex, I got no final response if this firmware is on stock (Aeroflex is the service provider for some Marconi and IRF high quality rf - generators). They told me they would not send me the binaries, but they could sell me this EPROM if I have a number. I have sent a number to them ... I think they are looking for it.

It seemed that the wrong firmware is the last issue this 2032 has, everything else is working perfekt.

EMUD

Offline test2

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:47:26 pm »
Hello Rudi,

I have just won a Marconi 2031 & Service manual from eBay and it should arrive within a week.
If you still require the eprom binaries let me know and i'll try to help.

Tim

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf