Author Topic: Mechanical: Latching? Solenoid Principles? Not opening?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline NivagSwerdnaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Mechanical: Latching? Solenoid Principles? Not opening?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »
The solenoids are across P2&P4 and P1&P3.   I did re-solder them when I did the swap. I think the joints are OK.  Power is -ve to P6 and the +ve arrives above R1.  To the left of the +ve is a wire link that goes down to near Pin 16 on the L293NE, this seems to carry the +5V across the board (which is single sided).  So Pins 1,9 & 16 are always at 5V... i.e. bridges always enabled.
The solenoids are therefore common P1&P2 connect to 1Y (pin3), P3 to 3Y (Pin6) and P4 to 4Y (pin14).

It is possible I am misleading myself since I cannot test the unit with the RFID coils (JP1) connected since these are currently glued into the wall where the door fits.  It is theorectically possible that the behaviour is different when driving those coils.  I bought a 4700uF electrolytic today and will try that (as long as I solder it in the correct way around!)

It's quite a fun circuit.  The two buttons control operation (always open, always closed, allow matching RFIDs in/out etc) with current mode shown on the green (DS2) and red (DS1) LED.  The coils (I imagine two seperate coils) attach at JP1 with a bit of analogue front end at U3 et al. PIC16F88 for the logic supplied with 5V via U4.

If only I could get it to work!

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: Mechanical: Latching? Solenoid Principles? Not opening?
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 10:03:38 pm »
Yes, LM324 is a quad OPA (albeit a lousy one).
U4 is voltage regulator.

The following users thanked this post: NivagSwerdna

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf