Author Topic: Mercedes Vito ECU  (Read 1897 times)

Offline ViljeriTopic starter

• Contributor
Mercedes Vito ECU
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:07:33 pm »
Hello everyone.

This is a second time I am here looking for help and not contributing much which makes me feel bad but the issue is that I am still knew so either I don't know to help or someone way better then me gives much better answer..  |O I am giving my best but sometimes that just is not cutting it :D

Anyway its a bit of a long shot but maybe someone can help the issue is with Mercedes Vito 2007. Diesel the problem is with ECU, ill post pictures of ECU and board in the post.

Problem is that 3rd injector is not working and the ECU sends wrong signals at first but then stops sending signal at all, I know that since when i start the engine i can hear injector ticking but at much higher rate then the other ones and i know there is power coming to it. Injector, wiring and cylinder is 100% good and only ecu is left. I tested all diodes and fets on it and they all seem good. I replaced the IC that is circled in red on the picture but that did nothing. I am thinking there is something wrong with the current that is coming from injector but i am not 100% sure.

If someone have any idea what should I try that would be great!

Thank you all in advance!
Viljeri.

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
Re: Mercedes Vito ECU
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:48:07 pm »
Have you swapped injectors from one cylinder to the next and verified that the problem follows the location (and therefore the ECU) rather than moving (meaning the injector is at fault)? I assume so from your description, but you didn't come right out and say it.

If you haven't done that, do that first.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:06:56 am »
I did that i verified 100% that is ECU issue.

Thanks for suggestion.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:11:34 am »
Checked 100% that the ECU is the cause, as in swapping for a known to be good ECU and engine runs normally?
You've checked that timing belt hasn't slipped a tooth and that the camshaft sensor is making sense?
Do you have an OBD tool, an oscilloscope?

Offline Zarhi

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 09:23:03 am »
Resolder two chips at upper left. Also inspect chips on bottom left with magnifying glass for solder joint cracks.

We have 3 Vito 2.2 cdi 2006. All of them have ECU repaired few times because of same symptoms.

And discharge all capacitors before solderig, injectors are controlled with over 80V.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 11:33:02 am »
Yes, the car has timing chain on it and that is first thing i checked, I have diagnostic tool, not star but I am able to read live stream data and code injectors which I did. I'm gonna try resoldering those chips and inspect the other two now, ill let you know how it went.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:47 pm »
Ok resoldering didn't work either.. In case we cann't fix this and I have to get a new ECU anyone know what should I need to transfer for immo??

Offline zikruk

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 04:37:28 pm »
I was also going to advice for resoldering.... But, it's not working for you.  However which obd2 scan tool you are using? I am thinking to buy a professional obd2 scanner Autel MS906CV for ECU programming Autel MS908CV Review [J2534 ECU Programming Heavy Duty Maxisys Scan Tool]. Do you any idea about this tool? I have Mercedes vito too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:10:09 am by zikruk »

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 05:36:36 pm »
The thing is that there is current coming from ECU to the injector, I guess ill have to bust out my oscilloscope and see what the hell is going on with the signal... Gotta love this angry pixie dusts acting up for no reason!  :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf