Author Topic: German Translation Help?? Extech 382275 = Manson HCS-3402 = Maas HCS 3402 PSU  (Read 2346 times)

Offline cinetronTopic starter

• Contributor
I have a dead Extech 382275 bench top PSU and after removing the board discovered it has a couple of other names by other manufacturers. The board inside says HCS-3400 Power Board by Manson . Looking on-line I discovered it is also sold as a Maas HCS-3402.  I found a video in German that discusses repairing one of these supplies but I can't follow it, and turning on English subtitles just makes it quite hilarious as the translation is so bad. Anyway at one point the person in the video I believe discusses the problem which I think are blown diodes. I was wondering if anyone who speaks German could take a quick look around the 15:30 mark and let me know if this is indeed the issue. When I measure the same diodes in circuit they appear shorted but not sure if they are or it is just surrounding circuitry that makes them appear that way. I have no schematics and it is difficult to trace the circuit? Anyway if there is anyone who could help I would sure appreciate it. I really don't want this supply to end up being unusable. Here is the link to the video.
Thanks!!

Offline carl_lab

• Frequent Contributor
He said, there's 2 diodes in one case, as schema shows.
He tested by using a multimeter in diode test mode.
What is self-explainig...

Do you have more questions?

Offline nugglix

• Regular Contributor
And he said that he removed the diodes prior to testing them.

The left one was blown and got replaced.

Offline bktemp

• Super Contributor
Around 20:00 both mosfets fail after he replaced the diode. He doesn't know if this was related to the shorted diodes, but could be.

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
This forum is amazingly international! :clap:

Offline cinetronTopic starter

• Contributor
Wow thanks so much for the help with this. I was at a loss to know what he was saying. Hopefully this will lead to a revived power supply :)

Offline dundee

• Regular Contributor
Hi Cinetron,
i have the same (Manson branded) device here with a blown current shunt resistor.
Is there a value printed on it?

If not, are you able to measure the value for me?

Manson is the original manufacturer. They do not provide schematics :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf