Electronics > Repair

NAD C325BEE Will not power.

<< < (16/17) > >>

Kim Christensen:

--- Quote from: paul_g_787 on January 27, 2022, 08:24:14 pm ---Kim Christensen thank you for all your helpful advice!!! I certainly would not have managed to repair this if it wasn't for your excellent help!  :-+
--- End quote ---

You're welcome. It was a fun exercise for me as well. Good to hear that all is working now.  :)

paul_g_787:
Indeed! I do love a challenge and it is good to have some expert help as well!

I learned a lot more than I knew before about how amplifiers actually work from this one. It was good fun! 😁

Per Hansson:
I would replace the SMD caps on the other module too, if you re-read my post #40 you will see they where bad on both.

paul_g_787:

--- Quote from: Per Hansson on January 28, 2022, 07:20:54 pm ---I would replace the SMD caps on the other module too, if you re-read my post #40 you will see they where bad on both.

--- End quote ---

I checked the ESR on them both in circuit and they were 0.3Ω and 0.7Ω (I forget which was which). Which I didn't actually do on the other module.
I didn't want to tempt fate and remove the module if I didn't need to just in case I made it worse! I had a very hard time soldering those SMD parts as it is!

jhjove:
New to the forum (typically on diyaudio and audiokarma) and 2+ months late to this topic. Quite a nice dialogue and repair. :)

FWIW, I went through an almost exact repair sequence in February 2021. I acquired a C325BEE (a for-parts-only special) from ebay.
Although in addition to the +/-18V power supply issues, the main power board was fried on my amp. In the end I have a very nice working amp.

I wanted to add that the failed SMD caps on the CB21 + CB22 riser boards I replaced with similar SMD form-factor parts, but solid-polymer type electrolytics.

Again, I enjoyed the thread, very good info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version