Author Topic: Need assistance with Pro'sKit ss-331H wiring  (Read 1386 times)

Offline PCMcGeeTopic starter

Need assistance with Pro'sKit ss-331H wiring
« on: May 27, 2021, 10:30:43 pm »
Hello,

New user to the forums, though I've been watching the YouTube for many years. I recently purchased a Pro'sKit SS-331H and when I received it there was a broken wire inside. I have been watching YouTube videos, including the EEVblog review, and looking for whatever documentation I can find on the interenet to determine where this wire is connected to without any success. I thought it might be worth a try to ask here. If anyone has this desoldering station and could take a look inside and tell me where this wire belongs, it would be greatly appreciated. The wire leads from the third pin on the board, as pictured, to somewhere on the DIN connector to the desoldering gun, (I think).  Upon inspecting all the connections to the DIN connector, I can't determine which part it became disconnected from. It just isn't obvious like I would think it should be.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.1222760-01222762-1

Re: Need assistance with Pro'sKit ss-331H wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 01:23:06 pm »
Yes  |O

Offline Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 04:33:48 pm »
Hi

I traced out the circuit of the SS331B here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/using-a-proskit-ss-331h-on-110v/

Note, that's the B version. I understand that the H version is very similiar but updated, including an extra connection to the iron socket/plug.

The following users thanked this post: PCMcGee

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 08:46:42 pm »
Thanks I think this will be helpful for me. I'm not sure how I missed this when searching the forum but, thanks for directing me to the information, it's exactly what I was searching for.  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf