Author Topic: Need front panel for Agilent E3634A power supply  (Read 1707 times)

Offline vinicius.jlantunesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Need front panel for Agilent E3634A power supply
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:26:22 pm »
Folks,

I am looking for a replacement front panel for a nice second hand Agilent E3634A power supply I scored the other day. It's part in attached picture that I'm looking for.
It got badly broken during transportation... its plastic is very brittle, I believe this unit was exposed to direct sunlight for its entire life.

Would anyone have it by chance, or have any hints where I could find it?

I was able to glue the bare minimum together and tape it to the metal chassis so it is usable, but having a replacement would be great. I have contacted Keysight already and am waiting for their response, but they already told me that their repair policy for this equipment is to replace the unit (they don't sell just the part I need) so I guess it will not be economical for me to have them doing it, will probably be more expensive than what I paid for the equipment already.

I also had a look at ebay for one of these that was listed as "for parts", but the only one I found is in Malaysia and is too expensive for me.

p.s.; I live in Brazil.

Offline vinicius.jlantunesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need front panel for Agilent E3634A power supply
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:38:26 pm »
All,

Nevermind - Keysight replied and they have the part in stock here in Brazil and were OK to just send it to me for a reasonable cost so I replace it myself, no hassle.

I am positively surprised  :clap:

Thought that me being just a guy with a second hand equipment needing a single part for repair meant that support would be sub-par and costly, but it was the complete opposite, prompt support and reasonable cost.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Need front panel for Agilent E3634A power supply
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 06:48:11 pm »
Good result.  :-+
You might have also tried Sphere, there is a link to them in the first post in the Repair board.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf