Author Topic: Need help fixing Advantest U3641 flickering screen  (Read 1322 times)

Offline pfmTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Need help fixing Advantest U3641 flickering screen
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:45:41 pm »
Advantest U3641 works fine. It has a tilt LCD screen that you tilt up and down to change the viewing angle. Works fine in small range of tilt (downwards) but as soon as it is tilted in the upward direction the screen goes crazy. Its not exactly flicker but its more like how a crt horizontal rolling/sync issue looks like. See pics.

Looking for any info anyone can provide on fixing this.
Also, where can I find the service manual for this unit ? I cant seem to locate it on the web.

Thanks!

Offline eb4fbz

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need help fixing Advantest U3641 flickering screen
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 03:57:06 pm »
Sadly no useful service manual is available for this equipment. I have an U3661 and it looks like a damaged LCD cable to me. Good luck!

Offline pfmTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:05:31 am »
I was afraid about that. How would anyone then find the part# of any part (like the lcd cable) ? Are parts like these even available for these units ?

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:44:28 am »
You're likely going to have to open it up to find out, but I know from working in some other advantest instruments that they tend to use fairly standard LCD modules, if you actually need a replacement, they should be available.  Similarly, not many service manuals, if there is something, it's likely on KO4BB... and I only see a product brochure.

First open it up and make sure your cable isn't just loose at either end.  Then give it a good jiggle and see if you can replicate the issue with the same sort of thing.  Then figure out if it's a cable or connector thing which is likely easy to fix, or if it has to do with the cables built onto the LCD glass, which would probably need a replacement if you can't use heat to reseat the attachment or similar.

The following users thanked this post: pfm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf