Electronics > Repair

Need help repairing a Keithley 2182

<< < (2/2)

chekhov:

--- Quote from: droffsite on March 08, 2021, 04:43:54 pm ---Interesting. Mine has a TR-299B. I meant to post the voltages first time.

--- End quote ---

That's seem to be a good piece of news for me.

Btw, regarding transformer voltages, they look a bit odd, and not sure how it was measured.

Here is what it looks like in K2000.
Volts AC were measured between transformer outputs (disconnected and in place):
                 No load      Load
4-pin connector
brown-brown        ~8.8      ~8.0
yellow-yellow     ~42.3     ~39.6

5-pin connector
green-green        ~9.8      ~9.2
gray-orange1      ~21.1     ~19.7
gray-orange2      ~21.1     ~19.6

droffsite:

--- Quote from: chekhov on March 08, 2021, 07:49:34 pm ---Btw, regarding transformer voltages, they look a bit odd, and not sure how it was measured.

--- End quote ---

That is not how I measured them (wasn't sure the correct way). I checked each wire to ground. Let's try that again...

Volts AC were measured between transformer outputs (disconnected and in place):
                 No load      Load
4-pin connector
brown-brown        ~8.5      ~7.7
yellow-yellow     ~42.7     ~38.9

5-pin connector
green-green        ~9.2      ~8.4
gray-orange1      ~18.9     ~17.3
gray-orange2      ~18.9     ~17.2

chekhov:
Voltages look pretty decent at least to me.

Ah, the main question I wanted to ask as soon as I read first message. It goes OVR.FLW, but when you short the inputs (of first, of second channel, depends on selected one), what do you get, and anyway you haven't told anything about an attempt to measure something. Just to make clear whether meter reads anything at all or not, how close it to the expectations ...

droffsite:

--- Quote from: chekhov on March 08, 2021, 08:22:46 pm ---Voltages look pretty decent at least to me.

--- End quote ---

One bit of good news for me!

--- Quote from: chekhov on March 08, 2021, 08:22:46 pm ---Just to make clear whether meter reads anything at all or not, how close it to the expectations ...

--- End quote ---

Oh, that little detail. Yeah, should've mentioned: either set of inputs, any range, no reading, just overflow.

dietert1:
I am looking for a schematic of the Keithley 2182A power supply.
There is an inconsistency with the service manual, where they show the isolated supply has 15V, -15V and +5 regulators. But the reference pin of the -15V seems to be with a red LED to Gnd, so there is an extra 1.6 V or so, in total -16,8 V measured instead of -15 V.
A lapse may have happened when they renamed the 2182 service manual to 2182/2182A service manual.

Regards, Dieter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version