Author Topic: Need help with Fluke 105B Keyboard.  (Read 137 times)

Offline chinoy

• Contributor
Need help with Fluke 105B Keyboard.
« on: August 13, 2020, 07:13:28 pm »
So the Fluke is a pretty rare oddity in my country.
So changes of finding spares is low.

Also I would not wish to replace on problem part with another.
Im talking about the think plastic film they call a keyboard.

Would anybody happen to have a gerber file that would allow me to print the keyboard on a PCB.
My problem is I use my scope everyday. So taking out the film. Making a gerber myself is a problem.
Its just one or two keys acting up. For now I have them on a tinfoil patch.
I have heard you can also redraw these pads anybody know anything about this.

Offline t1d

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Need help with Fluke 105B Keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 11:57:30 am »
This is a YouTube video of someone doing a similar keyboard pad repair. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

This person used a thin fiberglass PCB. However, flexible PCBs are now available from the Chinese board houses. And, Dave at EEVBlog did a video on how to order genuine custom keypads. It is very much like ordering a PCB. It looks to be easy. So, flexible is probably better than a hard board.

Additionally, it may just be that your pads and keys need to be cleaned. Look on YouTube to learn how to do it.

Used parts and components are sold on Ebay, but you are taking a chance on what you buy there. The video also shows the author finding replacement parts, but they were expensive, which is why he made his own.

I like that you are trying to get prepared, before stopping using the unit. You will want to find, on the internet...
a) the schematic, for your unit, or one similar,
b) the repair manual, and the
c) the operator's manual.
But, at some point, you are just going to have to postpone using the unit and repair it.

Remember to unplug the unit, before you open it. And, drain any capacitors. Then, take lots of pictures and post them, here. We would be glad to try to help.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf