Author Topic: Need Substitute for T90S1D42-48 Power Relay  (Read 413 times)

Offline gaspowerTopic starter

Need Substitute for T90S1D42-48 Power Relay
« on: April 01, 2023, 11:56:49 pm »
Hello,
I am needing some help finding a replacement for a T90S1D42-48 Power Relay. I have searched for this item and just can not seem to find any on the market. I am hoping that there is a replacement. I am not familiar with these enough to know what a reasonable replacement would be. I would appreciate any advice or direction.

Thank you, JR

Offline elecdonia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Need Substitute for T90S1D42-48 Power Relay
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 12:21:52 am »
48V DC is an unusually high coil voltage.

But the housing and form-factor shown in your photo resembles many similar power relays. There are numerous manufacturers of such relays. You don’t need an “exact replacement” made by the original manufacturer.

Any relay with 48V DC coil and 30A contacts (and also where the pin layout fits your PC board) will work. If you cannot locate a relay with a 48V DC coil then look for a relay with a 24V DC coil and add a dropping resistor.
I’m learning to be a leading-edge designer of trailing-edge technology.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:22:12 am »
Welcome to the forums  :)
That relay in popular T90 form factor but has oddball coil voltage, 48VDC. EOL but Mouser still has some in stock 655-T90S1D42-48 USD $7.28
CIT Relay and Switch J115F11A48VDCS6.6 could also work.
What's wrong with it, very difficult to wreck one of those.
P.S. you work on GAS audio?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 12:25:40 am by floobydust »

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 12:37:24 am »
Hello,

Thank you very much for the replies. I will check Mouser on Monday, much appreciated. As soon as I turn on my unit, the relay just starts buzzing very loud. Luckily I had a backup unit and swapped out this board and the main unit now works, but need a replacement relay to fix the one I removed.

Thank you so much,
JR

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 03:14:20 am »
I would not blame the relay for the buzzing, it is more likely getting insufficient or dirty power. Did you try measure the coil voltage when it's supposed to be pulled in?
The 47uF 63V cap and the biggest green film cap next to it are suspect.
It looks like a soft-start circuit Niles Audio supply switch, which sorta looks like a mains capacitive-dropper powering the 48V relay coil. This is a guess.
If the green dropper cap goes low value, the relay coil gets undervolted and may not always pull in hard. If the coil filter cap (47uF 63V better not be CapXon brand lol) goes low value then mains hum can reach the coil and make a racket.
I suggest measuring the two capacitor values and see if they are in spec. and easy enough to add to the parts order. Desoldering the relay is not fun at all, it requires a lot of heat and patience on the thick pins.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 09:35:01 pm »
Hello,
Much appreciated for all the replies. Voltage seems to be fine for now. With every ones help I was able to find more of these relays. I did replace the relay and so far it is working.

I appreciate all the help,

Best regards, JR

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf