Author Topic: Newbie with Tek 465  (Read 5071 times)

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Newbie with Tek 465
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2020, 07:36:36 pm »
You're welcome. If you decide to continue working on it feel free to post up and we'll help you thru it. I get the feeling you are REAL close to fixing it.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Newbie with Tek 465
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2020, 08:00:53 pm »
From the symptoms you describe it sounds like Q1566 is shorted itself OR the collector is shorted to ground via the mounting. The mica insulator might have given way.

The transistor itself is a MJE2801 which crosses to a readily available NTE182 on Amazon.

Edit, when I measure resistance from the plus side of C1562 to Gnd I get almost 12MEG.

First, I want to say thanks for all the assistance. But I've spent entirely too much time on something that I don't use, anyway. So it's going on a shelf. Perhaps in the future I'll re-visit it, and all the help you have given. But for now, it's back to radios.

Thanks again.

Based on reading this thread, I think you're very close to fixing it, and med here is bending over backwards to help you...why give up now? If you get it fixed, you can use it, rather than continuing to collect dust. I'll encourage you to take a little time off and then come back to it fresh.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: FransW

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf