Electronics > Repair

Next repair, HP3456A (o;

(1/9) > >>

davorin:
Received a HP3456A multimeter today which I bought as "dead"...a quick look revealed that the fuse cap is missing...
Opened up the top cover...released some screws on top and back...but can't quickly figure out how to get to the fuse holder itself to be replaced....

FrankenPC:

--- Quote from: davorin on June 11, 2014, 04:14:18 pm ---Received a HP3456A multimeter today which I bought as "dead"...a quick look revealed that the fuse cap is missing...
Opened up the top cover...released some screws on top and back...but can't quickly figure out how to get to the fuse holder itself to be replaced....

--- End quote ---

On one of my repaired 3456's it arrived with a blown fast-blow fuse in the in-guard analog section.  Easy to replace with a solid state fast blow fuse. 

davorin:
My main problem is currently that I can't seem to find a way to remove the top/bottom covers in the back where the AC inlet and fuse holder is...

Do I have to remove to whole back panel?

FrankenPC:

--- Quote from: davorin on June 11, 2014, 04:38:04 pm ---My main problem is currently that I can't seem to find a way to remove the top/bottom covers in the back where the AC inlet and fuse holder is...

Do I have to remove to whole back panel?

--- End quote ---

You have to remove the large top and bottom panels.  There is a single #2 phillips screw in the center of each main panel that is fixed in place.  As you twist that screw, the entire panel moves backwards.  After you get them off, unscrew the small aluminum guard plate and the fuse assembly is fully exposed.

davorin:
Hmm..not sure which aluminum guard you're referring too...

I have here a metal sheet going from top to bottom with the fan attached to its back...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version