Author Topic: Odd laptop battery issue  (Read 9328 times)

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: Odd laptop battery issue
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 07:09:33 pm »
I think the point of using these apps would be to troubleshoot not to fix.
Apps normally are used if you replace elements in the old battery, as you need to reprogram it. But Chinese have other opinion about this.
logically is much more likely to be an issue with the laptop.
only if logic is flawed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:11:04 pm by wraper »

Offline dominicMTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • DominicM
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2017, 07:17:48 pm »
I think the point of using these apps would be to troubleshoot not to fix.
Apps normally are used if you replace elements in the old battery, as you need to reprogram it. But Chinese have other opinion about this.
logically is much more likely to be an issue with the laptop.
only if logic is flawed.

You seem to be repeating your point of view over and over again. This add nothing to a discussion. If you have counter points I would love to hear them but simply saying "I am right because I am right" is counter productive.

Offline dominicMTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • DominicM
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 09:16:12 am »
I soldered the pin to ground and it seems to work ok, it charged from 96% to 100% in <15 min and idling run time is close to 8 hours. Seems battery is fine. On the other hand battery data reports Wear Level as 140% which is not a valid value. Designed  capacity is about right but full capacity is significantly higher than designed capacity which is not right. Anyone seen this type of data from the battery? If the values are edited one would think they would reset these values too... Maybe there is an issue with the laptop but also the battery is not quite right. Shame I don't have another laptop with compatible battery connector that would solve the mystery quickly... Would doing a few stress tests to cycle the battery a few times tell me anything useful?

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017, 11:58:13 am »
On the other hand battery data reports Wear Level as 140% which is not a valid value. Designed  capacity is about right but full capacity is significantly higher than designed capacity which is not right. Anyone seen this type of data from the battery? If the values are edited one would think they would reset these values too...
And this is the reason why charging was disabled. As I said before:
Probably laptop sees something wrong in the data received from the battery controller and disables it.
If they reprogram controller, it does not mean they will do it correctly. As it holds the charge, likely, they salvaged controller PCB from the old battery and used with somewhat decent used elements or new ones. But failed to properly reprogram and calibrate the controller.
Anyone seen this type of data from the battery?
Did you read what I wrote earlier?
Another reported 100 times inflated capacity and stopped charging after 1 charge.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:10:16 pm by wraper »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf