Author Topic: Old scope repair question  (Read 1737 times)

Offline EvertonTopic starter

• Contributor
Old scope repair question
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:11:23 am »
Hi,

I own a (very) old Telequipment D1010 (analog) scope which until yesterday seemed to be working fine, but out of the blue the normal trigger mode stopped working.  Instead of getting a normal trace, I am getting a dot on the left side of the screen.  This is consistent on both channels and is independent of any other settings.  Also, if I change the trigger mode to Auto or TV then the scope appears to work fine.  Similarly, if I press the beam finder button this works too.

That being the case, I know that both the vertical and horizontal amplifiers should be working fine and so the problem has to lie in the trigger or blanking circuits.  What I am unclear about is how the normal trigger mode works in these old scopes.  Is the trace supposed to stay on the left hand side of the screen until a trigger happens at which time the sweep is initiated, or should the display be blanked until a trigger is present?  I would guess the latter, but am not sure. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
If you don't have the time to do it right, where are you going to find the time to do it over?

Offline Whuffo

• Regular Contributor
  • An American Living In Paradise
Re: Old scope repair question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:49 pm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf