Author Topic: Omnicure S1000 Light Bulb problem  (Read 1863 times)

Offline hl68fxTopic starter

Omnicure S1000 Light Bulb problem
« on: December 03, 2018, 08:04:44 pm »
Hi everyone,

we are using an Omnicure S1000 in our lab and since today its light bulb does not work anymore because it reached 2000 operating hours. We have already ordered a new bulb but the delivery time is ~4 weeks. At the back of the bulb there is a PCB with a chip and three wires. I have attached a picture of it.
I could not find a datasheet of the chip on the PCB. I am not sure what this chip does, maybe it is some kind of timer?
I have read the manual and it does not seem to be possible to reset the device. Disconnecting the cable did not work either.
Do you have any idea how I could cheat to get the bulb working again until the new one arrives?

Kind regards,
Tom

Offline Bashstreet

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Omnicure S1000 Light Bulb problem
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »
Unlikely.

The pulps are designed to have nominal lifespan and after reaching this will cease to function.

Cheers.

Ps: Remember to order few spares.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:44:42 pm »
It should be possible but without working lamp at hand I would give up on cracking protection. The only way I see getting it working is brutally hacking the device itself.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 08:48:05 pm »
The pulps are designed to have nominal lifespan and after reaching this will cease to function.
It's just an electronic time bomb. The same as with printer cartridges and drums. The fact timer run out does not mean that lamp itself is bad.

Offline hl68fxTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 07:27:34 am »
Thank you very much for your replies! I am sure the bulb is not broken and I know it has less intensity then a new one but that is ok for our current purpose.
The bulbs are really expensive so it is not a part which you have several times in stock. I do not think it is ok to sell things with "electronic time bombs".
Is there a way to reset the timer?

Offline Bashstreet

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 04:05:36 pm »
These lamps are designed have specific lifespan and are not to be used after reaching the limit.
Timer is there to prevent exposure from the mercury vapors and contamination as result of exploding pulp.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf