Author Topic: Optio E30 stopped counting and saving images properly.  (Read 1332 times)

Offline ResRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • -Artificial_Intelligent-
Optio E30 stopped counting and saving images properly.
« on: May 25, 2016, 03:33:46 pm »
I have Pentax Optio E30 for 8 years, after counting to 9999 it started to act weird. When before it saved images in it's numeric order into one "100pentx" folder, now it creates new folder every time I turn it on and starts counting from 0001 again, creating a whole clusterf... of images with same name. Has anyone else stumbled onto such a failure and is it repairable?
Edit: It broke other cheap SD card  |O
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:30:22 pm by ResR »

Offline AndreasF

• Frequent Contributor
    • mind-dump.net
Re: Optio E30 stopped counting and saving images properly.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:09:23 am »
According to the user manual (e.g. here:  http://www.camera-usermanual.com/manuals/pentax/Pentax_Optio_E30.pdf) page 133, this mode of saving images is just one of the options available. This can be changed in the settings. This doesn't explain why it creates multiple folders for the same day. I would try changing the mode back to the "standard", but perhaps you also have to fully reset the camera and format the SD card and the internal memory.

my random ramblings mind-dump.net

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:05:37 am »
It did the same with "standard" mode, I took the image after third SD card format, testing if the changing that mode would make any changes. I also tried to reset it by disconnecting it until it forgot the date and time, then reset and format it from the settings menu but the bug is still there.

Offline AndreasF

• Frequent Contributor
    • mind-dump.net
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:38:46 am »
Have you tried formatting the internal memory (i.e. "format" with no SD card in it)?  Since this appears to be a bug related to the counter reaching 9999, that may reset this counter. If that also doesn't work, I think it's time to look for a new camera.  :-//
my random ramblings mind-dump.net

The following users thanked this post: ResR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 12:14:59 pm »
Formatted without SD card and it was still the same. I was afraid of that I have to look for new camera.  :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf