Author Topic: Outdoor Unit Inverter PCB for Split Type Air conditioner  (Read 922 times)

Offline D3KTopic starter

Outdoor Unit Inverter PCB for Split Type Air conditioner
« on: April 12, 2019, 07:00:30 pm »
Dear friends,

I am trying to repair some air conditioner outdoor unit boards to supplement by income as I am a student.

Where I live we have a lot of problems with inverter PCBs. I've read that if you test without a compressor the three-phase output should be present for a few seconds before being switched off by the controller.

My question is this; is it possible to test the inverter board without the indoor unit?

There are some pins denoted TEST/SS pins but could not get a useful output when checking the U,V,W outputs with a differential probe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Gregg

• Super Contributor
Re: Outdoor Unit Inverter PCB for Split Type Air conditioner
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 10:58:09 pm »
The quick answer to your direct question: yes, it is possible; many things are possible with enough time and money.   :box:
The big question is, “is it practical for a student to attempt making more than they spend on test equipment and simulation hardware?”   |O
If you have a whole bunch of the same dead cards and access to the controller card, it may work out for you if count the learning experience as value and not just the pittance you may be able to charge for “rebuilt” boards.   
Then there is the liability factor, safety concerns etc. :horse:
I’m not trying to discourage as much as enlighten you to the reality of your endeavor.

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
Re: Outdoor Unit Inverter PCB for Split Type Air conditioner
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 10:23:03 am »
The compressor is not in the indoor unit but in the outdoor unit.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf