Author Topic: Overtemperature (or something) in Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 projector  (Read 2579 times)

Offline CHexclaimTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello all,

I need to solve a problem with an Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 projector.

The symptom is that sometimes, after running for a couple of hours, it shuts down. The behavior is not always exactly the same but it seems to be something related to overtemperature. Sometimes, after shutting down the fan runs for a while and stops, sometimes it stays running indefinitely. Also, the Temperature light and the Light lamp blink together or sometimes only one of them.

It is difficult to explain because it happens sporadically and most of the times it is a third person that tells me what happened and what he/she observed. The lamp of the unit has relatively little use.

The troubleshooting section of the user manual does not help. I do not have a service manual which will be of great help, as any comment of similar experience anyone could contribute.

Thank you a lot,

Charlie.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Clean the dust out of it.

Offline CHexclaimTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Thank you for your comment.

I forgot to mention that I have already replaced the air filter with no results. Also, looking from the outside the projector looks pretty clean inside.

I will open it tomorrow and let you know if cleaning it solves the problem; I wish it will.

Thanks, CH

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf