Electronics > Repair

OWON VDS1022 CD Eye pattern

(1/3) > >>

abhi1981:
Hello,
Just got an OWON VDS 1022 from Amazon for around $87 (INR 7125). This is my first oscilloscope.
An analog scope would have been better but couldn't find one. The ones available were either expensive or badly abused.
Connected it to my Yamaha CDC 635 for an eye pattern and the result is shown in the below image. It sometimes starts skipping CDs.
I think the refresh rate at infinite persistence is quite slow. What do you think ?????  :-// :-//
I have also attached a link to the video showing the eye pattern at different persistence settings.

https://youtu.be/DVgZDktMNmk

I have connected the probes via jumper leads, as the test points were under the tray and impossible to reach. Otherwise, the board will have to be taken out.

Manolo Mos:
Hi. The oscilloscope looks to perform well. The first image is correct to see the RF signal. The RF signal looks to be noisy, maybe it needs to correct Focus Offset adjust. But I insist, oscilloscope looks to be OK, RF is noisy, laser pickup is giving a noisy signal.   And yes, sometimes is not easy to get RF signall with a probe.  Attenuation by 10 is recommendable too for to see RF signal in CD laser pickups.

Audiorepair:
An analogue scope would not have given you that amount of detail.

Good choice.

Mechatrommer:

--- Quote from: abhi1981 on November 26, 2022, 09:03:28 am ---I think the refresh rate at infinite persistence is quite slow. What do you think ?????  :-// :-//

--- End quote ---
OWON HDS242 is very fast update rate. $100+ (add only few dollars), 40MHz, 250MSa/s, portable and no need PC, DMM mode..

Gyro:

--- Quote from: Mechatrommer on November 26, 2022, 07:52:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: abhi1981 on November 26, 2022, 09:03:28 am ---I think the refresh rate at infinite persistence is quite slow. What do you think ?????  :-// :-//

--- End quote ---
OWON HDS242 is very fast update rate. $100+ (add only few dollars), 40MHz, 250MSa/s, portable and no need PC, DMM mode..

--- End quote ---

Wow, a whole 3.5" 320x240 display, awesome!  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version