Author Topic: Panasonic Microwave Door Monitor Switch Annoyance  (Read 322 times)

Offline EHTTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Panasonic Microwave Door Monitor Switch Annoyance
« on: June 08, 2022, 11:41:00 pm »
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone has had this annoyance before and fixed it for good!?
I learned that it is a common design for microwave ovens to have three door switches, one of which is a protection mechanism wired as a dead short (referred to as the monitor switch). In series there is a 10A time delay fuse. The plastic bracket these switches are mounted on accommodates some adjustment and is meant to be adjusted such that the door is firm and the switches operate together. However, it is pretty wobbly and crap.
What I’m finding is that intermittently this fuse blows when operating the door, not related to using the oven itself. Initially I found the plastic bracket holding the switches was loose and I’m sure the fuse blowing is just related to these door switches. I thought a good way to test it is to detect a short with DMM on continuity but I haven’t managed to replicate it. Maybe the switch contacts could get damaged with the shorting but they test OK. Anyone come across this?

The oven is Panasonic NN-CT579S, service manual here

The following users thanked this post: SoundTech-LG

Offline SoundTech-LG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Panasonic Microwave Door Monitor Switch Annoyance
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 02:58:51 pm »
Yes. Correct and guilty on both charges...  Wobbly, and Crap.
My co. threw away a bunch of these ovens. Managed to get one woking and another for spares.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf