Author Topic: Panasonic Plasma power supply transformer  (Read 2936 times)

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: Panasonic Plasma power supply transformer
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2020, 08:26:29 am »
hi
find another ferrite like that you glued (the glue won't repair the ferrite by the way, the current won't flow in that ferrite core) and 'clone' the transformer if you got time.not easy but doable, you just need the copper wire with same diameter and the paint for electrical isolation (sorry I don't know the word for this type of paint :) ).
What current? Electric? It should not be flowing there to begin with. For magnetic flux gluing with a tight gap works just fine. Not to say that core is already glues in the middle ane probably there is even some intentianal gap left.
because the currents are circulating through the ferrite body.your glus is for sure a glue that doesn't restore the current path, acts like an insulator, see the theory of high frequency transformers
:palm: Electric current within the core is the last thing you may want. Why do you think iron cores are made from isolated platters? Exactly to avoid electric current flow as it causes energy losses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_current
Also FYI ferrite cores have low electric conductivity. Because of this they can be made solid and don't need platters.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 08:33:19 am by wraper »

Offline AdamOfAusTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 10:34:22 am »
Cheers fellas. Once I get some AAs I'll get he Fluke onto some of the fuses.

Failing that there is a guy in Adelaide who does and exchange plus cash thing. Either way, I got the tv for 50 bucks. If I get it working for $170, that wouldn't be a horrible result.
Fluke 287 / Musical Fidelity A1 2.0 / Infinity Reference 20

Offline max.wwwang

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 07:12:08 pm »
Another thought about the breaking of the ferrite core. It’s not too much a surprise if this happened only as a result of the temperature (and the resultant heat stress) under the normal working condition. Ferrite is very brittle and with very limited strength after all. So, it’s entirely possible for this to happen without something close to an explosion.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:53:36 pm by max.wwwang »
Neutral | grounded

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf