Author Topic: Unable to access service menu in Philips 107P50 CRT monitor  (Read 839 times)

Offline hanakpTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
A friend has suffered severe brain trauma and is unable to use most LCD monitors (they flicker at high frequencies). But paradoxically, he can use old CRT monitors. Now he asked me to fix dynamic focus on his Philips 107P50/00 (center of the screen is sharp, corners are blurry). I found service manual and there are controls for the dynamic focus in the service menu... except I'm unable to enter it. The manual describes the procedure on page 11 and again on page 12, but it just doesn't work. I also tried different combinations and sequences of the buttons, but to no avail. When I use the prescribed sequence, the screen flickers gray for a while, then normal picture pops up. But no service menu. Isn't there some other trick to this (short some pins on the PCB to enable it for example)?

http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_08/09080814547229.pdf

Offline hanakpTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Unable to access service menu in Philips 107P50 CRT monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:57:34 am »
It turned out the service menu didn't work because I used a notebook with too modern graphics card (Geforce 1070) as a signal source. It had only HDMI output, so I used an active HDMI to VGA converter. When I connected the monitor to a VGA output on an old PC with Radeon HD79xx, the service menu worked at the first try. Curiously, it also worked when I used a HDMI output and the converter on the old PC. I guess it's not so surprising, there is not much incentive to support the obsolete VGA interface in new GPU drivers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf