Author Topic: Panasonic WV-3030e, Wont display colours correctly.  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Boyfinn

• Contributor
Panasonic WV-3030e, Wont display colours correctly.
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:22:53 pm »
Sorry for heavy image size!

So, I recently picked up a Panasonic WV-3030e camcorder for a really good price.

As far as i know all the features work fine except for the colors.
Sometimes when the camera is turned on, the colours show up for a little while, And after about 10-20 seconds the colours fade out and im left with a black-and-white image.

Here's a picture with the colours still working:

I've already checked the insides and i see no visible damage on any of the boards or components.
My firend suggested me that it might be a problem with the capacitors but i cant see any visible damage or bulging on the capacitors.

If anyone here has experience on vintage colour cameras i really would appreciate the help. I have multiple detailed pictures of all the boards which i can upload if necessary.
Also if anyone has access to the schematics of this thing i would love to see them. And if you have an idea about what this camcorder is worth please let me know. Because if its not that valuable i would like to salvage the viewfinder from it (which is probably the smallest colour CRT i've ever seen).

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electron Fiddler, FPGA Hacker, Embedded Systems EE
Re: Panasonic WV-3030e, Wont display colours correctly.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »
Could be a defective colour-burst crystal drifting? Perhaps try heating/cooling/tapping the crystal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf