Author Topic: Please can someone translate this to english? Rewind armature dc motor diagram  (Read 1029 times)

Offline BargainhunterTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi,
I am trying to rewind the armature on a dc motor for a tape deck.  I found this diagram on the web but I can't read it.  It's something =7 etc.  I think it's arabic.
I need to know where to start on the commutator and to what slot to start.  I know the coils  are wound around four slots.  Photo is attached.

I appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Chuck

Offline pbarton

• Frequent Contributor
Not Arabic, its Bangladesh.

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
There are some (very old but still relevant) books on archive.org about motor (re)winding, but if you are rewinding an existing armature then just follow the pattern it had from before.

That picture you attached doesn't provide a lot of info in any case, and what it does can easily be guessed: 7 segments, 7 coils, skip 2 slots between each coil, 1 coil per segment (simplex lap winding.)

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
If you see this video    it should be self explanatory ??

and some explanations ?
http://what-when-how.com/electric-motors/dc-motor-windings-electric-motors/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:42:46 pm by coromonadalix »

Offline BargainhunterTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Thank you for all your help.

I just wanted to make sure that I wound this correctly.  This is my first attempt and I don't want to do it inncorectly.
One final question.  It's difficult to determine from the video where the start of the winding is on the commutator.  It appears the person wraps the start of the coil one turn around the shaft and then to one of the slots.  Is the start of the coil connected to the commutator directly above the start of the coil, in the middle of the coil or at the end of the coil?

Thank you,
Chuck

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
What was the original winding configuration?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf