Author Topic: Please help to identify a connector (cable assembly)  (Read 520 times)

Offline analogRFTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Please help to identify a connector (cable assembly)
« on: May 23, 2022, 03:48:38 pm »
The shown cable assembly (2x20 pins) is used in Keysight Fieldfox to connect the front panel to the main board.
It is way too short (1.5") such that even re-assembly by itself is a hard job let alone opening the two parts wide on the table.

Does anybody know what type of connector this is?
I would like to buy a longer cable assembly that fits so that it would let me to open the unit and still be able turn it on.

yes, I know one dirty way is to cut all 40 wires and solder extension wires to them but I want to avoid that as much as possible :-DD :-DD

I tried my best on Digikey but could not find anything similar in size that fits into the male on board connectors

any help is highly appreciated

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Please help to identify a connector (cable assembly)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 03:53:20 pm »
The "fancy" part in the middle of the female connector is misleading because the male connector is just made of simple pins
that go into the holes. so just having a right size would be enough, does not need to match exactly the shape.

But I cannot find anything...if anyone has any idea, I greatly appreciate sharing it

• Frequent Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf