Author Topic: Trio CS-1560A Oscilloscope - Voltage Selector Plug  (Read 643 times)

Offline austfoxTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Trio CS-1560A Oscilloscope - Voltage Selector Plug
« on: February 04, 2020, 02:29:11 pm »
I've recently acquired a Trio CS-1560A scope which is missing the voltage selector plug. This is used to select the mains input voltage.

Does anyone have one of these Trio scopes  that use these plugs (I understand a few different models shared this design). I just want to confirm that the pins I will be bridging will be correct for 240V operation, as per the attached photo.

Thanks.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
Re: Trio CS-1560A Oscilloscope - Voltage Selector Plug
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 05:02:38 pm »
This seems to be the same selector type, found in a different type of equipent I slaughtered (Japan, about 1985).
I have no idea, if the plug is generic or individual to the unit, so the diagram might be OK - or not. I assume it's generic...
The plug is shown with the arrow pointing upwards (and from the back, of course).
Hope this helps, at least it matches your drawing (upper left is nc on my connector as well…)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:04:50 pm by Haenk »

The following users thanked this post: austfox

Offline austfoxTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Trio CS-1560A Oscilloscope - Voltage Selector Plug
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:03:01 am »
Many thanks for that.

From your pictures it looks like I traced it correctly. I’ll bridge those pins and do a final ohm reading through the primary side before I apply power.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf