Author Topic: Precision Standards AC-DC Differential Voltmeter 360A - manual  (Read 599 times)

Offline calinTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I recently got an Precision Standards  Corporation AC-DC Differential Voltmeter, model 360A which I literally got it just because I've put a low ball offer and I got it for the price of a coffee.

Now I kind of want to restore the thing but I cannot find the manual anywhere. Does anyone have by any chance a hint from where I can find the manual ?
Either my Google fu is very low these days .. or really there is nothing I can find on the interwebs.

Here is a picture of the thing .. maybe it helps to identify a manual

Picture 1 of 3
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 04:07:31 am by calin »

Offline donlisms

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Precision Standards AC-DC Differential Voltmeter 360A - manual
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 12:23:21 am »
Does it seem to work?  I wonder if you can get by without the manual.

Online factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 10:10:48 am »
Does it seem to work?  I wonder if you can get by without the manual.

Give it a visual inspection inside before trying it, to make sure there are no burnt parts, or any of those leaking wet tantalum capacitors that were commonly used in some 60s & 70s test gear.

David

Offline calinTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 03:09:26 pm »
Does look like working / turning on somewhat without releasing any magic smoke. But that's about it, the dial indicator just sticks to the max when I try to measure anything  and that is it.
I am a tad weary sticking my fingers too much in, when this thing is running, as it does produces internally some high tensions especially on the higher ranges.
At worst I can gather some really nice precision resistors from the innards and end up with a nice project box if nothing better comes out of it :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf