Author Topic: Poower supply HP54845A ,Infinium OSD ,Schematics CD Technologies pn 0950-3252  (Read 2175 times)

Offline INFINIUMTopic starter

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
Hello,
I want to repair the PS  in my osciloscope  HP54845A , I need the schemats, I checked with the 200 ohms in the pin 3-11 inhibit signal ,infos from   here and the manual but only get the DC voltage 200 volts but nothing in +- 5 .12 v only I get the 15v for the start signal. nothing is burned and classic things.?
there is a similar problem here   MY HP WON`T START   whith a similar OSD  one person put an extra  5Vols in paralel with the bad original PS and it seems that the OSD START   :popcorn:VO
I do not to buy a power supply may old or bad in the  internet my idea is to adapt an universal power supply  with the plus minus 5 and 12 volts to the conectors J3 J7  And forget the power on off in the osciloscope that is also dificult to repair in the front panel.
I burned one finger with the H  |O  Voltage in the PCB  200 VOLTS !
I am looking for the connectors in the PS  Voltages and colors.

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
Connector photo PS   PN  0950-3252  From the HP 5845A

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
The vertical module gets the inhibit signal or start voltage from +15 v this is OK  but the PS Does not  start :bullshit: :-/O
nothing gets out the 15 and 5volts ….in reality there are 2 Power supply in one :wtf:
It won`t start   unless I find something easy condensers , etc.
Somebody knows how to start this PS ? I Try the 200  ohms trick nothing , with the finger is dangerous and less blind without schematics.

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
Based on previous requests for schematics of similar era HP power supplies I suspect you won't find them.

You might want to try and start with a standard PC power supply to get the motherboard running and then see about providing power to the rest of the scope.

TonyG

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
Thanks  I suspected :-- this  I am trying to identify  the pins if somebody has this  basic pin code color voltage please send it to me ..

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
I'd trouble shoot the power supply. Look for the controller chip, get the datasheet to get an example schematic, apply power to the controller chip and see what comes to life or not using an oscilloscope. Switching power supplies are mostly the same so if you know one you know 90% of them.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
I suspect something in the vertical module card with dozen of components no chips like the new ones , I get 220 volts DC in one place where I put my finger by mistake :'( . the inhibit signal looks good , I tried also with the 220 ohms resistor in pin  3- 11  in the control inhibit card,  nothing is coming out , somebody here try it on putting the 5 volts in parallel with another power supply  , in my OSD  I need +  -12 volts  + - 5 volts and another secret  + -  there are in total  5 pairs or +_- lines to the OSD  PCB  card.  looks very easy with another  PC cheap P .Supply , but also there are synchronization cables maybe for the 50 hz self test in the only module schematics I found in the internet  |O.
the OSD was abandoned for 10 years , I suspect the condensers are gone :blah: :bullshit: :scared: checking with a FLUKE Component testing ,I see the curves in this magic voltmeter with a small oscilloscope  correct.
there is a laching relay  in the front panel and PCBs cards that prevent the PS to power on , but again with the 200 ohms the manual said it can power on the PS  If not change the PS  ( 500 dolars and maybe I get one worse).
anyway thanks  I live in Alkmaar now  :popcorn:  near the cheese market :-DMM
I am looking for an electronic atelier , before in ALMSTELVEEN the HP repaired and calibrated it , now is gone , any help will be appreciated .

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
This is the address for the FLUKE Component test , the ideal is to have to PS and compare the signals from the good one to the bad one.
http://assets.fluke.com/appnotes/multimeters/gmm-app4.pdf

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
Here you will see  Schematics  Power supplies  from TEKTRONIX the filter condensers in the entrance connected to 220 v , blow up and everything smell to coal ,  HP does not  give any schematics  8) without schematics ,  8) blind , old and  :popcorn: :wtf:  is a little complicated to repair the Ps.

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
Power supply TDS TEKTRONIX

• Contributor
  • chip maker with AMAT
Nice book about Power supplies :
Power
Supply
Cookbook
Second Edition