Electronics > Repair

Problem with Korad KA3005D Power Supply

(1/3) > >>

eisi:
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a Korad KA3005D power supply from an estate. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing some issues with it:

When I set the voltage/current and press the On/Off button, the voltage drops. For example, when set to 5V, the display shows only 0.9V after turning it on, and my multimeter confirms this reading.

Here are some steps I've already taken:

I tested the output with a 47-ohm resistive load, but the problem persists.
The issue only occurs above 1.95V; below that, it seems to work fine.

I plan to open the device and inspect some components. Any additional advice on what could be causing this issue and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

eisi:
I also tried to perform the adjustment and heard a clicking sound from the relay when setting the maximum voltage range. However, I can't determine if it's both relays or just one. Nevertheless, I can only reach about 1.8V instead of getting anywhere near 30V.

My knowledge of circuit diagrams and troubleshooting is unfortunately not sufficient to proceed on my own, so I am grateful for any advice.

Best regards

Poroit:
The relays clicking are from the protection circuit.
Does adjusting the current to a higher value increase the voltage output?
Look for damaged components.

Poroit:
Post something on this as these guys are all over protection circuits for PS.
EEVblog Electronics Community Forum »Electronics »Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff »fast CC/CV power supply..

eisi:

--- Quote from: Poroit on June 06, 2024, 08:16:15 am ---The relays clicking are from the protection circuit.
Does adjusting the current to a higher value increase the voltage output?
Look for damaged components.

--- End quote ---

no it does not  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version