Author Topic: QNAP TVS-671 Intel B85 Motherboard  (Read 1085 times)

Offline kaz911Topic starter

• Super Contributor
QNAP TVS-671 Intel B85 Motherboard
« on: November 18, 2018, 06:07:00 pm »
Hi,

I could use a bit of advice :) on a B85 chipset motherboard from a QNAP TVS-671.

Symptom : QNAP does not turn on as it does not enable the standby power circuit to enable the soft power button. A hard ATX power on will turn the QNAP on and all works fine.

I first traced high consumption to 5V to 3.3V voltage regulator from the standby power circuit (burning hot regulator).

So I tried to manually feed 3.3v in to the standby-circuit bypassing the regulator and now its seems like the main chip-set is absorbing the power/ heat.

But randomly the standby circuit will work fine - led comes on fine and uses 87mA. Other times circuit will go into overdrive and consume (max tested/limited) 800mA and the chip-set B85 will slowly heat up (got a heat-sink...)

Since QNAP have not responded to my support ticket yet I have not wanted to do anything destructive yet - but has anyone seen similar? And was it the chipset? The randomness could be a cap somewhere but I have not found any that looks/measures cracked or damaged yet.

It is random'ish but reproduce-able every time.

But when forced On - the QNAP TVS-671 works fine (pull ATX PW-ON to low) - and then voltage regulator will operate within normal specifications. But remove the A/C power for a little bit and problem is back. So I would like to fix it for power out situations.... :)

/k

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf