Author Topic: QPX600DP - "Incorrect Configuration" (Updated with bounty offer)  (Read 2642 times)

Offline MarsTopic starter

• Contributor
I have a LXI QPX600DP with no strings attached where, after turn on, the LCD display says

Incorrect Configuration.
Contact Supplier for Advice.
Keyboard       Firmware: 1.14
Control OP1   Not Found
Control OP2   Not Found
Interface       Firmware: 1.14
Continue Impossible: Switch off

Are there any obvious known ways forward here?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 11:32:16 pm by Mars »

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
Re: QPX600DP - "Incorrect Configuration"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 01:32:46 pm »
Maybe some onboard parameters are corrupt, but I would start with a very thorough visual inspection and unplug/re-plug of everything pluggable.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 01:37:30 pm »
Thanks. I've not positively exhausted every possible oxidized connection, but I've gone over most of the reachable stuff with Deoxit etc. I've also done a superficial visual inspection and it looks in pristine condition (which is why I'd like to get it working again).

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 02:04:24 pm »
IME TTi / Thurlby Thandar stuff is well built and repairable with off the shelf parts - no custom asics etc. There is firmware to consider though. Please post some pictures of the inside for all us TTi fans :D

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 05:00:42 pm »
Do you think this "Incorrect Configuration" could be caused by a hardware error though? Have you seen anything like that on other similar TTi gear? I'm not sure what to do with this thing, but I'm reluctant to throwing it out without being confident there's no reasonably easy fix here. A more thorough disassembly is next on my list, but it would be nice if someone had seen this error before and could give me the encouragement I need to bother with this.

I'll get back to you with pictures later.

Offline flo.b

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 10:00:55 pm »
Have you made any progress in this?
Unfortunately I cannot help here, but I was thinking about purchasing a unit with such an error.
Pictures of the inside would indeed be nice.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 01:01:32 pm »
I have not, no. But I have not tried either. I actually have two of these where the other one is a different model, but otherwise in similar good condition etc, so while I'm not actively trying to find a solution here, I do have some incentive to do so. But it would require encouragement in some form or other, which at the moment I don't have. Anyway, here is a picture. I started on a block diagram a while back that I wanted to post at the same time as the pictures, but got bored and never finished and now I can't even find it, so this will have to do for now.

Offline flo.b

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 04:54:22 pm »
Thanks for the picture. I could only find a QPX1200 service manual which contains circuit diagrams but no block diagram, although it has circuit descriptions :-)

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 12:35:24 am »
The other model that I mentioned is the QPX1200SP (who doesn't need 20A@60V, right?), which has the same error.

In a short moment of inspiration I tried to re-flash the unit over USB with the TTi flash utility and a QPX600_ALL_209.hex file I found on their website. FYI, the "LAN reset" button on the back has to be pressed in while you power on the unit to get it into this mode. But even after installing the usb drivers for windows, the utility just sat there seemingly stuck at doing nothing so I gave up. Else it responds over Ethernet and I'm able to access the built in web server where you can read out info about the instrument and a few other things. So overall it feels like there should be some kind of fairly simple fix here, but I don't know what it is.

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 10:04:47 pm »
If someone can find a solution that fixes both these units I'll give you the QPX1200SP for free and ship it to you (or someone else if you want to sell it) if you pay the shipping. I'll provide on-the-ground support and will help with whatever needs to be done, but I have limited time so I'm not gonna sit nights on end trying to debug this thing. I can provide pictures if you insist, but they are both spotless appearance wise if that helps your motivation... 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 10:07:36 pm by Mars »

Offline CLOLUS

Re: QPX600DP - "Incorrect Configuration" (Updated with bounty offer)
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2024, 09:04:27 pm »
Hi,

I have a QPX600D with the same problem of message "Incorrect Configuration". I find on the web the shematic diagram of this power supply : https://everist.org/NobLog/pics/20151112/sch_ps/HP_54120B_power_supply.htm

The fuse 15AT was broken and I changed two diode in short circuit (US1J 600V 1A) ref D36 D37. The power supply is on now without problem with the Fuse, but i have this message of "Incorrect configuration".
I don't know how to solve this problem. I checked the documentation without success...

Offline CLOLUS

Re: QPX600DP - "Incorrect Configuration" (Updated with bounty offer)
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2024, 05:18:29 pm »
Hello,

I find the solution of the message "Incorrect configuration". It's not a problem of software but a electrical problem on the main board. I changed many components and now it's ok. I loaded the ultimate firmware 2.09 without error message. I find a shematic of the QPX1200 but I would like to have the manual service of the QPX600D.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf