Author Topic: Repair Advice Needed: TMS 320f2812pgfa getting hot  (Read 532 times)

Offline fkfarazTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Repair Advice Needed: TMS 320f2812pgfa getting hot
« on: July 13, 2022, 07:30:03 am »
Hello I hope you All will be Fine.

So I have a microprocessor board(kind of CPU for the Whole System) in which the Processor is Texas Instrument TMS320F2812PGFA. This processor is getting hot when we turn the power on. Below Please find the Datasheet for the Processor.
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tms320f2812.pdf?ts=1657675515389&ref_url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.ti.com%252Fproduct%252FTMS320F2812

Now my question is i want to change it, but i am confused, do i have to programmed it too or just replace it. As there is an ATMEL EEprom on the board with intact Firmware(i Suppose).

I don't know much abt the controllers and Processors, but my guess is if an separate EEprom is used, then there would be no code or firmware in the processor

I am Sorry if i did not conveyed my thoughts exactly, English is not my Primary language... 

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Re: Repair Advice Needed: TMS 320f2812pgfa getting hot
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 01:53:47 pm »
New one is empty.
So yes, you have to program it.
It's also very likely that the software is not available.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Re: Repair Advice Needed: TMS 320f2812pgfa getting hot
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 04:53:52 pm »
Yes the FLASH of a new processor will be empty.

Was the system still somewhat working? If the FLASH of the original is still in tact and not locked it might be possible to extract the code with JTAG.

If it is locked or the processor is fully dead then you are out of luck and need to contact the company who made the board.

An EEprom is normally only used for some parameter storage and not firmware, due to them being small in memory size and lack of speed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:55:55 pm by pcprogrammer »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf