Electronics > Repair

Repair led board of imac lcd

(1/4) > >>

mike01:
Hello,

i am trying to repair my led board from imac 27 lcd mid 2011. There are plenty of white smd leds on this board. Three of them where broken and so they emit blue light which should be white. I have searched via internet a lot of sites and the manyfacturer of this kind of smd leds (young lightning) but i could not find the same. Does anybody knows where i can get them or which alternative smd leds i could buy? Maybe someone knows where i can find the whole led board.

Thx

Alex Eisenhut:
Check eBay but seems many LEDs may be of low quality.

If you can take close clear pictures of the LEDs and measure the voltage drop across a good one, that can narrow it down.

wraper:
If you have some dead laptop, smartphone or desktop monitor screen with led backlight, then you could find there something similar. In my experience all LEDs were of the same form factor. If you can make a picture and write dimensions, I could check if I have something similar. I also can send a complete flex cable with such LEDs salvaged from laptop/smartphone or tablet LCD at the expense of shipping.
Actually I have backlight salvaged from sony tablet with flex marked with YOUNGLighting. Doesn't mean that leds are of the exactly same light output though.

poot36:
The LEDs still work but I think that the phosphor that takes in the blue light and converts it to white light has come off.  I know that you can get plastic that is coated with this stuff (it is in the Philips tri shaped bulb) so maybe you could get it in a paint and just dab it on the broken LEDs.  It would be a lot safer then trying to remove smd parts off a flexible pcb.

mike01:
Thank you all for your quick reply.The lcd is at one of my friends pc shop cause there was enough space to strip all the lcd.
I will check all that solutions you' ve written and will reply with photos  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version