Author Topic: Repairing an Agilent U1065A digitizer card  (Read 6590 times)

Offline TraxTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Repairing an Agilent U1065A digitizer card
« on: September 23, 2021, 06:53:12 am »
Hi have in my lab a Agilent U1065A digitizer card which recently died,
it does not produce any errors but it always measures junk,
channel 1 is randomly fluctuating between 0 and 127, channels 2,3 and 4 show mostly 0 with the occasional skipe.
Input does not mater... output looks always the same.

There was no identifiable event that would be suspected to have broken it, it was working we put it in storage for half a year or so than we wanted to use it again and it did not want to.

I already talked to a Agilent representative in my area but the card is to old for an official repair,
so first is there anyone here with experience with diagnosing such equipment and could help me to find out whats broken and if its even repairable
and or second: are there any 3rd party services that would repair such a card for a reasonable price?

Cheers
Trax

Offline Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: Repairing an Agilent U1065A digitizer card
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:56:29 am »
The 4 channels are to a large part seprate. A failure that effects all 4 channels could be something like a supply problem. So the point to check are the supplies and maybe clock. If there is really somerthing broken in the actual amplifier or ADC part, it is likely a lost case, at leat for the effected channel, as these are kind of custom / old parts that are likely hard to get.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf