Author Topic: Fluke 332D initial power up, paper caps in HV motherboard  (Read 916 times)

Offline valley001Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Fluke 332D initial power up, paper caps in HV motherboard
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:21:17 am »
Hello all,

I suppose this thread is for hopefully preventing the need for a repair..

I have a new to me Fluke 332D voltage standard.  I assume it has not been powered on in near 30 years so I was wondering about precautions, my usual practice is to monitor power intake with a watt meter.   

Upon inspection I noticed three large paper can electrolytic caps in the HV motherboard.  My instinct is to replace them before applying power but this is my first real precision type device and do not want to unsettle things that don't need to be unsettled.  Replace them anyway? 

I also notice heat discoloration surrounding some resistor mounting points, possibly normal? 

I read through the threads here and learned of the shock risk.  Checking the outer case to ground with my ohm meter I read 0 ohms. 

Anything else I should pay attention to before applying power? 

Offline wictor

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 332D initial power up, paper caps in HV motherboard
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:50:42 am »
Hi, there is active thread about 3330B, which has similar boards/parts. Please read that first. It did not have problems with those big electrolytics and in my unit those were ok also. However I don't know how long those unit's had been unused.
Wictor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf