Author Topic: replacing bad ADJ pot on UDB1000 DDS function generator  (Read 1590 times)

Offline dentaku

• Frequent Contributor
replacing bad ADJ pot on UDB1000 DDS function generator
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:36:31 am »
The ADJ pot on my little UDB1000 DDS function generator is really scratchy and is unreliable.
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg624/nyplatform1/Module/UDB1005S-MS-SM_zpse616b884.jpg

It looks like one of the outside legs is connected to the wiper and the other isn't. If I measure it I get 1K so I'm assuming it's a 102 even though it doesn't look like it's labeled at all.

Question:
I rarely unsolder stuff other than to salvage parts from old dead electronics. If I carefully remove this little pot (I'm afraid the two tabs connected to ground might be difficult) can I replace it with a full sized 1K pot connected with wires instead of replacing it with another one of those tiny trimpots. I have some pots that are exactly the same type but I don't have anything smaller than a 103 so my only alternative is to use a full sized 1K pot.

OR, what if I use one of my little 10K pots that should fit fine on the board and put 1.1K of resistance across it to give me a non-linear 1K pot?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf