Author Topic: Rigol DP832 - Channel 1 Analog Board - Schematic Fragments  (Read 1461 times)

Offline pedro48Topic starter

• Contributor
  • Black is just White without light
Rigol DP832 - Channel 1 Analog Board - Schematic Fragments
« on: January 09, 2022, 09:19:26 pm »
Hi folks,

Attached is a start at mapping the DP832 Channel 1 Analog board,  Please be aware this work though mostly DONE is a bit incomplete, and there are possibly errors, but I could not find anything that looked like a schematic, so I've had a crack here ... several contributors to this forum assisted greatly in observations and explanations of how things should work for the DP832.

The attached KICAD schematic and PDF roughly follows the physical board in layout i.e. Left to Right, Top to Bottom. I have not made any attempt yet to ensure each trace is exactly aligned page to page, but they are all labelled so it should be readily traceable.

Hope this helps

cheers....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:45:25 am by pedro48 »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Macbeth, Muttley Snickers, RoGeorge, MegaVolt, dwonga, Machlee, fzabkar, Exosia

Offline dwonga

Re: Rigol DP832 - Channel 1 Analog Board - Schematic Fragments
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 07:06:36 pm »
Thank you!

Yesterday my DP832 second channel blew up (not CH2 or CH3 are working). An error appears when I turned it on "Analog board fails self test", and looking info about the issue, the device sais "Lower board fails". I think the information you made will be extremelly helpful. Thanks again.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 08:33:59 pm »
Attached is a start at mapping the DP832 Channel 1 Analog board

That's something I was curious about and didn't find anything yet, thank you very much!  :-+

Offline Machlee

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 04:47:50 am »
Good job.
My DP832A does not turn off channel 1. Instead of turning it off, it is set to +33V.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 06:21:50 am »
Good job.
My DP832A does not turn off channel 1. Instead of turning it off, it is set to +33V.

The DP832 that pedro48 gave away also had a similar problem and unfortunately I haven't been able to give it the time or attention it probably deserves due to ongoing health concerns.

Regardless of what is shown in the display have you actually measured the output with a meter?

Offline Machlee

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 09:00:37 am »
Also I found that this behavior in my appliance occurs not only when I turn off channel 1, but also when I reduce the voltage below 0.1 V. And the CV_REF signal remains proportional to the channel 1 output by a factor of about 1/15 even when a malfunction occurs. And no error messages. Looks like the reason is outside the analog part. Or may be analog processor has gone bad?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 07:39:52 am by Machlee »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf