Author Topic: Rigol ds1054z  (Read 26808 times)

Offline Adrian_Arg.Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol ds1054z
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2018, 01:44:11 pm »
Ah, having watched the video, now I see the problem:
The scope is meant to be operated horizontally! Placing it upright, on its side, may block the air intake!
 :P

Seriously though: No doubt, the scope shows a significantly stronger drift of the probe compensation than what is typical in the DS1000Z series (or other scopes). What I meant was that it still meets all specified properties. Hence, Rigol or their dealers are probably not obliged to accept a warranty return, but may well do so under goodwill.
Saying the DSO is within specifications is a cheap cop out. The thing is obviously faulty and there's no telling whether more problems will surface. Of course, when those do appear they won't take responsibility.

It seems Tequipment isn't a company you want to be dealing with.

the problem that when the winter comes, the wait will be greater so that it compensates.
but unfortunately a solution I do not have, just that rigol accept to sell me a central pcb, I thought that as tequipment has bought so many rigol equipment, I would advise how to correctly request a PCB, but then I realized that I had already paid the oscilloscope. |O |O

in spanish

el problema que cuando llegue el invierno segura la espera va a ser mayor para que compense.
pero desgraciadamente una solucion no tengo, solo que rigol aceptara venderme una pcb central, yo pense que como tequipment le ha comprado tantos equipos a rigol, me aconsejaria como hacer correctamente la solicitud de una PCB, pero luego me di cuenta que ya les habia abonado el osciloscopio. |O |O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2018, 04:35:10 pm »
Hello, good afternoon, I just wanted to comment that rigol china contacted via email, from the technical support, requesting me images, if possible a video and the corresponding serial number, to which I accessed, Photos, video, serial number and purchase invoice and a brief explanation of the tests performed.
This is the video that brings you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8Q-E0Mpgo&t=64s.
Today I received a couple of images and a pdf to disarm the equipment, and remove the possible moisture from the inputs of the BNC, it is like to start eliminating possible causes, hopefully that is the problem, and not defective components.
I will keep you informed of how Rigol's health progresses.

in spanish

Hola, buenas tardes, solo queria comentar que rigol china se puso en contacto via mail, desde el soporte tecnico, solicitandome imagenes, si era posible un video y el correspondiente numero de serie, a lo cual accedi, Fotos, video, numero de serie y factura de compra y una breve explicacion de las pruebas realizadas.
este es el video que les acerque https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8Q-E0Mpgo&t=64s.
Hoy recibi un par de imagenes y un pdf para desarmar el equipo, y quitar la posible humedad de las entradas de los  BNC, es como para empezar a eliminar posibles causas, esperemos que sea eso el problema, y no componentes defectuosos.
Los mantendre informados de como avanza la salud del Rigol.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2018, 06:49:05 pm »
and remove the possible moisture from the inputs of the BNC
Remove moisture from the BNCs?  Like blowing with a hair dryer?  What is the relative humidity in your place?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:32 pm »
hello, if the device does not lie, today there is 52% humidity and 24ºC

Offline Gary350z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2018, 01:35:06 pm »
I'm eager to see if Rigol can get your scope working.

This is the video that brings you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8Q-E0Mpgo&t=64s.
Your videos will look better if you hold your camera horizontal (landscape position) to match the aspect ratio of what you are videoing.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:55:27 am by Gary350z »

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2018, 01:46:46 pm »
Your videos will look better if you hold your camera horizontal (landscape position) to match the aspect ratio of what you are videoing.

Afraid the op doesn't understand English well enough to get that, prolly this one is better ...

https://youtu.be/AqHZJe6306k

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2018, 03:01:40 pm »

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2018, 05:39:11 pm »
Adrian, te estan recomendando filmar con el telefono acostado para que los videos tengan el mismo formato que la pantalla del Rigol

Adrian, the recommendation is to film with the phone turned 90 degrees so the videos match the same form factor as the Rigol's screen.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2018, 05:47:02 pm »
I wish people would just stop whining about filming vertically. The incessant complaining is much more annoying than any badly framed video could ever be and people tend to complain even if filming vertically leads to a better framed picture. It's 2018, where most content is consumed on mobile devices and orientation has consequently become arbitrairy.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2018, 06:04:16 pm »
TK, I understand, it happens that they are recorded videos for Rigol technical support, since they asked me for images or video of the problem so I captured the image through the rigol and recorded videos, I share them here in case the same thing happens to someone, from A few days ago they are behaving ten points, they explained how to open it, where to proceed and precautions. What I will not try for now is the new firmware

in spanish
TK, te entiendo, ocurre que son videos grabados para el soporte tecnico Rigol, ya que me solicitaron imagenes o video del problema asi que capture imagen mediante el rigol y grabe videos, yo los comparto aca por si a alguien le ocurre lo mismo, desde haces unos dias se estan comportando de diez puntos, me explicaron como abrirlo, donde proceder y precauciones . lo que no voy a probar por ahora es el nuevo firmware

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:42 pm »
Hello, I wanted to tell you that I made the cleaning recommended to me in rigol China, with alcohol and cotton, always wearing an anti-static bracelet, for now it's excellent. room humidity 51% temperature 18ºC, two days ago of the cleaning. I hope so continue. Apparently more than 60% humidity does not like it.

in spanish
hola, queria comentarles que realize la limpieza que me recomendaron en rigol China, con alcohol y algodon, siempre usando una pulsera antiestatica, por ahora anda excelente. humedad ambiente 51% tempereatura 18ºC, hace dos dias de la limpieza. ojala siga asi. Por lo  visto mas de 60% de humedad no le gusta.

Cleaning image of cleaning area / imagen de limpieza de zona de limpieza

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:58 pm »
Hello, I wanted to tell you that I made the cleaning recommended to me in rigol China, with alcohol and cotton, always wearing an anti-static bracelet, for now it's excellent. room humidity 51% temperature 18ºC, two days ago of the cleaning. I hope so continue. Apparently more than 60% humidity does not like it.
Bullshit. I've got a marine aquarium in the same room and humidity is close to 80 %. Moreover I live at the seaside and anyway humidity here is high.  My DS1074Z is one year old and it doesn't do anything of the sort.

in spanish
hola, queria comentarles que realize la limpieza que me recomendaron en rigol China, con alcohol y algodon, siempre usando una pulsera antiestatica, por ahora anda excelente. humedad ambiente 51% tempereatura 18ºC, hace dos dias de la limpieza. ojala siga asi. Por lo  visto mas de 60% de humedad no le gusta.
Zarandajas. Tengo un acuario marino en la misma habitación y la humedad está cerca del 80%. Además vivo en la costa y la humedad sería alta de todas maneras. Mi DS1074Z tiene un año y no ha hecho nada parecido.

Cleaning image of cleaning area / imagen de limpieza de zona de limpieza

[/quote]

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:34 pm »
Interesting... maybe there was a lot of flux residue

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2018, 01:19:45 pm »
can be, tell me to perform these steps, if the problem persists and it does not become that the problem and was the main board could get to send me one to be replaced, but first step with step to identify the problem .

in spanish
puede ser, me dijero que realize esos pasos, que si el problema persiste y no llega a ser ese el problema y fuese de la main board podrian llegar a enviarme una para ser reemplazada, pero primero pasa a paso con los paso para identificar el problema.

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2018, 01:36:02 pm »
can be, tell me to perform these steps, if the problem persists and it does not become that the problem and was the main board could get to send me one to be replaced, but first step with step to identify the problem .

in spanish
puede ser, me dijero que realize esos pasos, que si el problema persiste y no llega a ser ese el problema y fuese de la main board podrian llegar a enviarme una para ser reemplazada, pero primero pasa a paso con los paso para identificar el problema.
Alright, that sounds more reasonable. But suggesting that a humidity higher than 60% can be a problem... ;)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2018, 01:40:34 pm »

in spanish
Alright, that sounds more reasonable. But suggesting that a humidity higher than 60% can be a problem... ;)

the truth is not but the problem disappeared, and it was days here in my city of high humidity reaching 95% and a lot of rain, hopefully that and not a component problem.

in spanish
la verdad no se pero el problema desaparecio, y fueron dias aca en mi ciudad de mucha humedad llegando a los 95% y mucha lluvia, ojala sea eso y no un problema de componentes.

Offline Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2018, 04:27:10 pm »
English:
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the culprit are the trimmers right hand side to the relais. I could imagine that these could be more sensitive to humidity or other influences.

Spanish:
Yo no habla español.  :-[

Offline Gary350z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2018, 08:33:54 am »
What did the areas that you cleaned look like before you cleaned them?
Were they clean or dirty?
Did you see any flux there?

It's nice to know you got help from Rigol China. I've always had very good help from Rigol USA.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2018, 12:29:19 pm »
hello, they were like in the image they sent me, it looked like a little layer of dust, nothing that was very noticeable, spend alcohol with a cotton, close it wait 10 minutes and it worked, the weird thing is that it is so sensitive to humidity .
Those who answered me were rigol china, tequipmenten and rigol usa, nothing at all.

in spanish
hola, estaban como en la imagen que ellos me enviaron, parecia como una pequeña capa de polvo, nada que fuera muy notorio, pase alcohol con un algodon, lo cerre espere 10 minutos y funciono, lo raro es que se tan sensible a la humedad.
Los que me respondieron fueron rigol china, tequipmenten y rigol usa, nada de nada.

Offline treesap

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2018, 08:59:21 pm »
I would just like to report that I experience the same problem with the probe compensation (with each of the probes/channels). I can only get it so good. To be honest, I haven't rechecked the compensation after the device has "warmed up," but I will do so when I get home from work today. I'm wondering if this applies to all the models in a specific run? I acquired mine about 2 weeks ago from TEquiment (their Amazon store, that is.)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2018, 09:53:57 pm »
I solved the problem in this way. As the rigol told me to uncover the equipment and clean it with alcohol and cotton swab, in the four places marked in the image above, it was solved by 80%, but not satisfied with that after three days I repeated the process, but leave the equipment uncovered, receiving the plate ten minutes of sun, then re-assembled the equipment, and this is 100% perfect, which made me think that these teams are long filed or at some point accumulate moisture and rigol knows , that is why they recommended cleaning, but after seeing that it improved I deduced that the humidity was in the whole motherboard, so now I am really 100% satisfied with the result of working to remove the humidity, and calm because it is not a failure of some component. I acquired it in tequipment on February 2, 2018

in spanish

yo solucione el problema de esta manera. como me dijieron los de rigol destape el equipo y limpie con alcohol y bastoncillo algodon, en los cuatro lugares marcado en la imagen de arriba, se soluciono en un 80%, pero no conforme con eso a los tres dias volvi a repetir el proceso, pero deje el equipo destapado, recibiendo la placa diez minutos de sol, luego volvi  a armar el equipo, y este quedo 100% perfecto, lo que me hizo pensar que estos equipos estan mucho tiempo archivados o en algun momento acumulan humedad y rigol lo sabe, por eso me recomendaron la limpieza, pero yo despues de ver que mejoraba deduje que la humedad estaba en toda la placa madre, asi que ahora estoy realmente 100% satisfecho con el resultado de trabajo de quitar la humedad, y tranquilo porque no es un fallo de algun componente.yo lo adquiri en tequipment el 2 de febrero de 2018
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:58:11 pm by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:22 am »
FWIW, I compensated one probe on CH1 immediately after turn on, then moved the probe to each other channel and it was still within compensation. After 1 hour, the probe is still identically compensated on each channel. 28C 52%RH

I have noticed a compensation drift before, but did not note the changing conditions. It was not to this degree, however.

Offline treesap

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2018, 02:10:14 am »
I'm back now, with pictures. I've left my device on for about 40 minutes, but have not seem MUCH of a change, though I believe it is a bit better, since first powering it on. Unfortunately, I did not think to take pictures until after it had been on for quite some time. I will do so tomorrow, as I will be using it for the next few hours.

If I attempt to make the peak of the square wave completely flat, it has a definite high point on the left left side of each peak, as well as a distinct low point at the left hand bottom of each. I can reduce these peak, but as you can see in that photo, this results in top (and bottom) of the wave becoming clearly unlevel.

Am I just trying to get better compensation than is realistically possible? I've certainly seen other photos where this unit with the stock probes has been adjusted much more accurately. (I actually ended up torquing one of the screws a bit too far in trying to achieve it the very first time I tried--oops.) The other three probes are consistently the same as in these images, though. Any insights? (My apologies for the slight lens flare--my camera lens isn't quite in perfect condition.)

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2018, 02:51:47 am »
1. Re lens flare and huge file size: Please just push the "print" button on your scope, just below the Help button at top right. This will print the screen image to a USB thumbdrive you have inserted into the USB port at bottom left. The image will be perfect, it will be the same resolution as your screen display and will be much smaller to up/download.

2. On every probe I have, from Rigol or other manufacturers (Tek, HP, ProbeMaster), there is no "stop" to the adjustment cap. It is continuously rotating so you can't break it by turning it "too far". I don't have any of the newest model Rigol probes but I would be surprised to find that they were different in this regard.

3. The compensation traces are looking quite a bit better. Are you using a plastic screwdriver that came with the probe to adjust the cap? Using metal tools can affect the setting.

The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline treesap

« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2018, 05:00:44 am »
Thank you for the quick and detailed reply. I will certainly export the traces in the future. That will definitely be a better solution.

Oddly, it did appear there was more than a "stop" position on the probe, but even a "break" position, in which further adjustments did absolutely nothing. As all further adjustments seemed to have no effect, I just set the probe aside. I will definitely do some more tests tomorrow. I am comforted by the fact that the probes are quite low-cost, at the least. However, it would be great if some more turning on the screw cured my issues.

I am using the plastic screwdriver. For what it's worth, though (and this may be my problem), I did use a non-magnetized Wiha screwdriver at first on the first one (before noticing the included tool.) That might've been the coffin nail, although it had worked until the final torque with the included tool.

So, you think the traces are looking acceptable now'? I was guessing they would serve me just fine, but the perfectionist in me was questioning whether they could get as impeccable as some of those I'd seen. I'm anxious to try them again tomorrow, to see if they are as good after first powering up the instrument. (Admittedly, if they still aren't, it's no serious bother--it just defies my understanding of ordinary, solid-state electronics.)

Thank you again for the advice!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf