Author Topic: Rofin RF repair  (Read 646 times)

Offline GravitechTopic starter

• www.gravitech.cz
Rofin RF repair
« on: February 20, 2023, 08:09:07 pm »
Hello, can anyone help us with the repair of a Rofin RF supply of the high-frequency cables, cuprexit plate, and High voltage resistor, see enclosed damage ??? Jiri Volf, Gravitech, CZ, jvolf@gravitech.cz

Offline TheMG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rofin RF repair
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 01:10:59 am »
Can we get a bit more context as to what we are looking at here? I seen some coaxial cables and a thick-film RF resistor.

What sort of frequency does this operated at? Is this part of the device something to do with combining the outputs of the RF power amplifiers or something?

At the very least, resistor will need to be replaced unless you can manage to solder on a new tab to what's left of the old one. Coax cables will need to be replaced due to the charring and likely heat damage to the dielectric. Be sure to replace with same type and length as phasing may be important.

Other things to consider is whether there was any damage done to any RF final output transistors, due to the potential high SWR this fault would have created. Likely cause of the fault is probably a cracked solder connection, with the high RF energy it starts arcing and creating all sorts of destruction.

That's about as much help as I can provide with the very limited information provided.

Offline GravitechTopic starter

• www.gravitech.cz
Re: Rofin RF repair
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 06:10:41 pm »
Yes, it looks a cracked solder connection, we don't know if the resistor is ok, the laser did not go down with power before the error, so we think it's only the RF module, we are trying to find somebody from Europe to identify the cables, and fix them with the resistor, do yu know somebody in Europe to be able for repair, except Luxinar, they will refurbish the whole RF and we think this is not necessary....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf