Author Topic: ROTAZ 230VAC 100W two coils inductor motor unknown wiring inside  (Read 1616 times)

Offline eneuroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hello,
I'd like to reuse this 1 phase ROTAZ 230VAC 100W inductor motor, but have no idea how its two coils (oposite each other with inductor rotor between) are wired inside and what could be external simple circuit to drive this quite nice fan  :-\

Measured resistance between all possible two of its four (W)hite, (G)ray, (Black), B(L)ue wires combinations and got something like this marked also on its attached photo:
Code: [Select]
Rwg: 17 R
Rwb: 34 R
Rwl: 42 R
Rgb: 17 R
Rgl: 59 R
Rbl: 76 R
If you have some suggestions how to wire this thing to get it working again @ nominal 230VAC please let me know, while those bloody 1 phase AC motors are not I used to drive on daily basis, while prefere nice 3 phase AC motors and wouldn't like to do any teardown of this thing to look how it is wired inside since it's in a very good shape.

Note: There were no additional capacitor, just 230VAC mains wires and multipositional switch with b(L)ue wire cracked disconnected...It is from unknown source on local market... no idea if it were other components with this motor.
Ancle google says nothing about ROTAZ fan  :wtf:

This is not anything similar to this what I've got for $2  :-DD
http://www.tradeindia.com/fp983306/Rotaz-ID-Fans-Cement-Mill-Fans.html
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:48:36 pm by eneuro »
12oV4dWZCAia7vXBzQzBF9wAt1U3JWZkpk
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: ROTAZ 230VAC 100W two coils inductor motor unknown wiring inside
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:37 pm »
I'd guess it is a 2 speed unit, the highest resistance being slow speed and the next being high speed.
Put a low wattage incandesant bulb in series and experiment.  :-/O
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline eneuroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: ROTAZ 230VAC 100W two coils inductor motor unknown wiring inside
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:33:50 pm »
Yep, this multiple position switch probably was to select those different speeds.

It looks like that possible internal connection could be like on this schematics, while we get resistance values between each two wires as I've already measured with multimeter:

No capacitor needed to help run this motor?
I've found quite nice intro to pdf: Single phase inductor motors and those two coils inside this thing in one axis (like on the page 8 schematics image in this pdf) with inductor rotor in the middle-physical construction is like maybe shaded-pole inductor motor -probably I saw those shading coils -need tomorow futher investigate with better light source those two coils inside this thing ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:37:18 pm by eneuro »
12oV4dWZCAia7vXBzQzBF9wAt1U3JWZkpk
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf