Author Topic: R&S Rohde & Schwartz FSEA30 Calibration error  (Read 1398 times)

Offline RalsupTopic starter

R&S Rohde & Schwartz FSEA30 Calibration error
« on: June 29, 2019, 09:27:15 pm »
On the info screen it actually says the model is a FSEA 20 . .

I have managed to get the system test to run successfully after replacing the RF EEPROM!  ;D

The CAL LO SUPP passes successfully but when I run any of the other calibration tests the instrument hangs
and I have to reboot upon receiving “Cal abs gain of 5kHz filt”.  I have been through the Service manual but am not seeing anything about how to troubleshoot the 5kHz filter. .  . If that is the problem . . 
Thanks for any help on this.

I am new to electronics but have been in IT for 35+ years.  I listen to Dave all the time!

Re: R&S Rohde & Schwartz FSEA30 Calibration error
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 02:26:17 am »

My extender cable worked for the filter board and inside of the Logamp section the lm224d and the
130IB get real hot. I got another cal to work but the RESBW Cal locked up at the same point and there was no activity on the AD811 s in the coarse and fine amp sections. . .

Offline CrazyTiger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 01:43:52 pm »
Nice, my favorite spectrum analyzer  :)
Since you are opening it up, Here are something that will be useful, its useful for all FSxx series.

1. If the unit has a blue panel design (there is a red panel, this is the older version), first of all change the  2x 47uf aluminium electrolyte capacitor on the back light inverter, it sitting on the LCD, after years of running the caps are dry and this will drive the FET to a temperature so high that it will melt the solder and shift the inductor on the other side of the board, causing the LCD back-light to die.

2.The IF Filter module, change all the smd aluminium electrolyte capacitor. The ESR will be high

3. Power Supply Module, the main capacitor is tied using a cable tie, and I have noticed, they go brittle and causes the cap soldering to become loose over time, so if possible change the cable tie, but its a real pain in the ass to open and power supply module.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 06:49:45 pm »
Thank you very much.  In order to replace the smd s it would be nice to have a schematic so that the original values could be identified.  Do you know where I could find a schematic and associated parts list?

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 11:48:38 pm »
Not sure if it will give you what you're looking for, but: http://www.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=manuals&dir=Rohde_Schwarz FSEAB2030 should cover the FSEA and FSEB 20 or 30 variants.  SMD electrolytics also generally have their voltage and capacity ratings on them, too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf