Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE unbricking  (Read 7218 times)

Offline poot36Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE unbricking
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 05:41:44 am »
I have the tablet disassembled and have disconnected the battery.  I have found some info online about the pinout of the 30 pin connector on the galaxy tab tablets.  There is a accessery detect pin that I think if I connect to another pin with a 300K? resistor I should wind up getting a USB jig cable.  I have also just realized that the modem partition could be messed up and that could be the reason the tablet is not booting.  I found in the 512Kb partition that is marked as bootable by linux text referring to the modem partition so before I go and make the cable I will try and reimage the modem partition with the correct info and see what happens.  If the modem partition is messed up can that cause the tablet to not turn on?  I have tried all volume key combinations with and without the battery connected and no change with how the computer detects it.

Offline BMW528i

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 10:26:17 am »
the modem should not be an issue. just the boot partition. if all else fails i'd just recommend picking up a used one on kijiji they can be found at least in my hometown in Ontario for under $40, not really worth the trouble for a 5 year old tablet

Offline BMW528i

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 10:32:54 am »
you can try to make the jig, i am unfamiliar with the pin layout but i am sure there is a way to set it up to work. but like i said if that fails i'd say its dead beyond repair unless you jtag or replace the motherboard (Not worth it in my opinion)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 04:04:53 am »
Well I tried copying the images onto the tablet for the modem and it still did not fix the problem.  I think that there must be a problem with the partition table layout code.  I am lead to believe that this is stored in the pit file that you can flash with odin is that correct?  If so would I copy it to the 512Kb partition that is labeled bootable under Linux?

Offline BMW528i

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 12:56:47 am »
without download mode you will not be able to flash anything, so even if you do find your corrupt pit it will be of no use, if you get as far as download mode then you can find a matching pit on a Samsung firmware site, i do not think you can manually repair the file system like that. but at this point i guess anything is worth a shot

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 05:14:33 am »
I have found the pit file for the international model of my tablet (p7300) and it does look to contain some sort of partition labelling in the code.  I am just unsure as to where it needs to go on the tablet.  I think I need to find some sort of very low level guide as to how the android os boots up and where the info that tells the cpu how to read all the partitions is located.  I think the android equivalent of a windows os mbr or boot loader is messed up.

Offline BMW528i

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 02:51:53 am »
you will not be able to modify those files without download mode as they are stored in a write protected section of the chip

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 01:46:25 am »
Well I can confirm that I can not make the jig cable with the current cables that I have right now.  I think one of the small partitions on the tablet may hold the key to fixing it.  I have attached the zip file of the 512Kb partition marked as bootable by Linux that when I transferred it over to windows it became 500Kb for some reason??  If you open this file with Notepad++ it mentions the correct model number of my tablet near the end of the file.  Do you have any clue as to what this file is doing exactly?  Is it a pre boot partition loader file?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf