Author Topic: Samsung LCD TV: Replace image board or use LVDS driver?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline iamdarkyoshiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Samsung LCD TV: Replace image board or use LVDS driver?
« on: December 25, 2017, 12:36:28 am »
Hi all, my samsung LN55C630's main board failed. I tried flooding the underside of the chips with flux and reflowing them until they were nice and bouncy when you poke them, but I'm afraid I killed the board. Oh well.

I can't find any replacement boards of the same model , but I can find some for different TV sizes, which may just have a different firmware or less features.

Anyway, I'm using this TV as a big monitor to watch movies on from my PC. The input lag is dreadful, so if possible, I was thinking of putting the board out of a monitor into this TV, perhaps even a 144hz monitor (This TV's panel can run at a native 120hz)

But the cheapest 1080p 144hz monitor I can find is 150$, which isn't dreadful, but the connector seems slightly differernt for the LCD. The monitor (I took one off my desk to look inside of) has a cable with like a moulded array of pins and wires, and the TV uses a flat flex cable. The pin pitch and number looks the same, however.

The monitor's cable is far too thick to fit into the TV LCD's connector though, so this isn't an easy solution.

Does anyone know of a high refresh rate LVDS driver that would interface with this LCD panel? Here's a spec page for it: http://www.panelook.com/T546HW01%20V1_AUO_55_LCM_overview_1356.html

As long as I can get the LCD to display an image, I should be able to hack the power supply to drive the backlight.

Offline iamdarkyoshiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Samsung LCD TV: Replace image board or use LVDS driver?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:51:07 am »
Update: Just looked closer at the TV's panel, and its cable has connections on the other side of the flat flex as well, which look to be impedance matched, so they aren't just grounding.

The monitor did not have these.

I guess scrap that idea, unless someone else has some input
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:52:57 am by iamdarkyoshi »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf